St Therese and John Paul II
This JUMUIYA is a conglomerate of two adult Catechism classes commissioned in 2015 and 2016 respectively after receiving the sacraments of initiation into the Catholic faith.
St Therese of the Child Jesus SCC was formed in 2015 with a desire for the members to radiate the love depicted by ‘roses’ which St. Therese described as the ‘good deeds’ we should do to one another in life. The SCC was started in the year 2015 with more than 40 members. The second group –John Paul II was formed in 2016 with aspirations to serve God and Humanity with longevity and resilience like the one exemplified by Pope John Paul II in his 27-year pontificate
The two groups had shared objectives and have since joined hands into one formation under Rev. Fr. Simon Kamomoe as their chaplain. St Therese and John Paul II SCC animates masses as per the church Liturgy programme as well as conducting mass during the Feast of the Patron Saints (St. Therese 1st of October and John Paul II 22nd of October.
We usually meet at 10.00 am every Sunday at Cardinal Otunga annex meeting rooms on 7th Floor
Love comprises all vocations – that love is everything, and because it is eternal, embraces all times and places.
Do not be afraid to take a chance on peace, to teach peace, to live peace. Peace will be the last word of history
Benefits of joining the Group
- Encourages one’s general commitment in life: Family, work, community;
- To nurture the Christian faith especially after sacramental initiation which is critical for growth
- To draw near to the church active participation as required by Vatican II council
- Christians have a sense of belonging because they fellowship with the people mostly known to them.
- Christians participate directly to the building and wellbeing of the church by their contributions
- To better Shape the young children in the church ways since it is impossible to do so if one remains just a mere churchgoer.
- Christian’s needs are met effectively and speedy by the clergy and priest.
- Animating mass
- Participate in charitable activities; Visiting children’s homes, etc.
- Organizing Retreats and Team Building;
- Prayer meetings; Visit Komarock Shrine, Resurrection Garden
- Organizing Spiritual events;
- Organize social functions and gatherings;
- Supporting the members in sickness, death in the family, etc.
For more information please contact the parish office
GROUP ACTIVITIES IN PICTURES