St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta SCC
St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta Small Christian Community
CHAPLAIN: Rev. Fr. Simon Peter Kamomoe (Father-in-Charge HFMB)
St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta SCC in their official uniform
After one year of the mandatory Adult Catechism in 2016/2017, and upon reception of respective Sacraments (Baptism, First Holy Communion, Confirmation), the members came together to form St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta SCC. This was heavily inspired by the spirit of togetherness that glued the members to one another, and the great need to carry it forward in their Sacramental lives. With the insightful help and guidance of Deacon Samuel Warari Ndotono (Now Fr. Samuel Warari Ndotono) and Rev. Fr. Simon Peter Kamomoe (Father-in-Charge HFMB), this huge feat became a reality.
The SCC was affectionately drawn to St. Mother Teresa who was canonised on 4th September 2016 as they were still undergoing their formation classes. Witnessing this great event, they immediately identified with her and became inspired to follow in her footsteps as pertains holiness and care for the poor. Consequently, she was adopted to be the group’s Patron Saint.
With 34 committed members, men and women, young and old alike, the group continues to grow from strength to strength and is hopeful of making even greater strides in faith. To come to the attainment of this resolution, the group meets every Sunday, except for the second Sunday of the month, at Cardinal Otunga Annex from 10.00am to 11.30am. We welcome new members to join us in evangelising and declaring the faith.
GROWTH AND ACTIVITIES
In joining St. Mother Teresa, you are exposed to the fulfillment of the following objectives:
- Experiencing Jesus’ presence fully in the Word and through interaction with members
- Exponential growth in holiness and spirituality (Prov 27:17)
- Strength both spiritually and socially (Eccl 4:12, Gn 29:3)
- Spiritual awakening and renewal (Hag 1:5-7, 2 Jn 8, Rv 3:2)
- Evangelism in word and deed (Mt. 28:19-20)
- Caring for the Needy and the Poor (Prov 22:9, Mt 19:21)
To achieve these goals, the SCC undertakes the following activities:
- Mass Animation once every two months
- Team building and bonding activities-ranging from get-together visits to tours to places of interest
- Recollection and Spiritual retreats for spiritual renewal
- Charity events-visiting the sick, the imprisoned, those in charity homes and praying with them
- Prayer and Bible Reflections at the beginning of every meeting
For more information, visit the parish office at the church or write to email@example.com.
Or through the Parish phone number 0712-311-394
GROUP PICTORIAL (our story)
Charity event at St. Charles Lwanga Boys Town, Ruai
Charity event at Kamiti Maximum prison
Visiting a newborn at one of our member’s place
Spiritual Retreat at Subukia Shrine
Members in lectors’ uniform after Mass Animation